Image Hosted by ImageShack.us       Image Hosted by ImageShack.us         Image Hosted by ImageShack.us               Image Hosted by ImageShack.us     Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DIY Bedroom Makeover

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Hello!
So, today I thought I would do a post about my new bedroom. It was in real need of a makeover and I am really proud of how it has turned out. I was on a budget so, in true TWB style, made a lot of the changes by up cycling and making things myself. Before I decorated, my room was white with one turquoise wall papered wall. Now, it is a soft, dusty blue, accented with gold and grey.  

First up is my frame wall. This is my favourite part of the whole room! I have frames hanging from floor to ceiling, all filled with pictures and some of my favourite artwork. You can click the italic links above to see where I got them from. All these frames were different colours, as I found them all lying around the house from years gone by. So I bought a can of gold spray paint and sprayed them all so they match. It was really easy and I think it ties them all together nicely. I also sprayed my wire heart memo holder (it used to be red) and stuck in all my favourite photos.


I got my curtains from Ikea, and they were miles too long. When I shortened them, I saved all the left over material and used it to make basic envelope cushion covers which went over a couple of old faded cushions. I also used this material to cover an old lamp shade. I used the same technique as when I made my pom pom light, but instead of adding a pom pom trim, I used beads instead.

This is my newest addition to my bedroom, it is my Luminara candle*. If you have never heard of Luminara candles before, they are flameless candles that actually flicker like real candles. It looks and feels exactly like a normal candle but because it is flameless, there is no risk of burning or wax going everywhere! I can't actually believe how realistic it looks. I love having mine on when I'm reading at night, or having a long, relaxing bath. 
Olive seems to like my new room too!

I hope you've enjoyed this little post. I have had so much fun taking on this thrifty redecorating project and I am so happy with the outcome. What do you think? Is anyone else in the throws of redecorating?

Love Kendall
xox

7 comments:

  1. I love the Idea of a frame wall! I'm re-doing my room at the moment and that's given me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks gorge! you've inspired me with the gold spray paint, I'm doing my bedroom at the moment on a really tight budget and that's such a good and cheap idea. Thanks :)

    Faye x
    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bedroom! The frame wall is amazing! Love it

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks lovely, I particularly love all of the frames and photos!

    Would love if you checked out my giveaway :) http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks so lovely and cosy! I love that you DIYed the lamp and brought new life to the photo frames! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the makeover of your bedroom. The frame wall caught my eye the most. The golden and grey accent of the whole thing is just really beautiful. Anyway, your room is absolutely wonderful. Your bedding looks so elegant. No wonder Olive looks really comfortable on your bed. Haha! Thanks for sharing a peek of your room. All the best! :)

    Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)