We are so sorry for our blogging absence as of late. We've been pretty busy bees with new jobs, house hunting and flying off to foreign lands. But today we thought we would provide you with a little DIY on how to make this hair chain. We've seen a lot of them on the high street recently, and with a little time and concentration you can make one for yourself using colours, beads and chain of your choice.
To give this a go you will need:
2 mini hair comb slides
2 sizes of antique black chain
Black and silver beads
Antique black jump rings
1. Attach the jump rings to the hair comb slides. Using the pliers, twist the jump rings to open and close.
2. Cut various lengths of the small and large chain approximately from 35cm to 25cm
3. To make the beaded strands, cut a large length of fishing wire. Thread on a crimp and jump ring and feed the end of the wire back through the crimp and pull tight. Using flat-nosed pliers, squeeze the crimp flat to hold the loop in place.
4. Thread on your chosen beads. Once your strand is of an appropriate length to sit between the chains, fasten it in a similar manner to step 3. Feed on a crimp and a jump ring and loop back round before closing the crimp in place.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create as many beaded chains as you wish. Lay out all the strands in size order and attach to the jump rings on the hair comb slides.
So what do you think? I think this will make a great addition to an outfit and is a nice alternative to the usual necklace or bracelet accessory.
Let us know if you give it a go!